Little Athletics SA has again been invited to participate at the premier meeting of the South Australian Athletic League, the 2018 Bay Sheffield. It has been decided that the Under 12 and above, male and female LASA athletes will be offered the opportunity to participate in this event.
We are happy to confirm that this year the Bay Sheffield will be increasing its dedicated Little Athletics Races to 120m, 400m and 800m.
Day 1, Wednesday 26th of December 2018: Heats commencing after 2pm. Times to be confirmed.
- 120m Boys Little Aths
- 120m Girls Little Aths
- 400m Boys Little Aths
- 400m Girls Little Aths
Day 2, Thursday 27th of December 2018:
- Final and presentation 120m Little Athletics Girls
- Final and presentation 120m Little Athletics Boys
- Final and presentation 400m Little Athletics Girls
- Final and presentation 400m Little Athletics Boys
- 800m Boys Straight Final – If numbers permit the field will be split by age
- 800m Girls Straight Final – If numbers permit the field will be split by age
The races will be all be handicapped. In handicap running, competitors start at different positions on the track dependent upon their ability. The handicaps are designed to even up the competition, so that the running is more fascinating and unpredictable, and gives everyone a chance. For more information about the South Australian Athletic League, CLICK HERE.
Before nominating, you must be available for 26th and 27th of December 2018.
- Athletes must be attired in their correct full Centre Uniform.
- Athletes will need to report to the SAAL tent (SA Athletics League), near the rotunda of the north end of Colley Reserve one hour before their race. At this time, the athletes will need to sign in for their race at the desk, be taken to the warm up track at Wigley Reserve and then collect their silk from the colours tent. A Little Athletics representative will also be at the tent at this time. The procedure will be the same for the finals on the 27th.
- Footwear is compulsory and spikes are allowed – no more than 7mm. The race will be held on grass.
- Athletes may use starting blocks but they are not compulsory.
- Entry to these races will be free to Little Athletics registered members.
- Registered members with SAAL will not be able to enter.
- Athletes will need to view the SAAL photography/video clause as the races are filmed and photos taken wherever possible.
I acknowledge and consent to photographs, video and electronic images being taken of me during my participation in SAAL Events events by an official representative of SAAL. I acknowledge and agree that such photographs, video and electronic images are owned by SAAL and that SAAL may use the photographs and video for promotional or other purposes without my further consent being necessary. Further, I consent to SAAL using my name, image, likeness and also my performance in any SAAL Event, at any time, by any form of media, to promote the event and SAAL. SAAL is not responsible for photographs, video and electronic images taken by persons who are not an official representative of SAAL.
If you would like to nominate to compete in one of the events, send us an email no later than Sunday 18 November 2018 with the following:
- Full Name (to be displayed in program so please ensure correct spelling)
- Distance interested in competing in
- PB over 100m/400m/800m (will depend on the event they are nominating for)
- Contact Email Address
We look forward to receiving nominations for our athletes and would be great to see some Golden Grove LAC uniforms at this year’s Bay Sheffield!