Home Meet #3
24 October @ 8:45 am - 11:00 am
Welcome back for our third home meet.
We again expect this week to be very busy and that ask that you arrive early, especially if you need to collect membership bags, have any questions or are attending a Come and Try and need to sign in. We will be ready from 8.15am to assist you.
Entries for State PB Classic #1 close Wednesday 4th November
Age Group Roster
The Age Group Roster starts this this week:
- U6’s on setup from 7.45am (need at least 2 parents) If we do not get parent help for setup, the start of the meet may be delayed.
- U7’s are responsible for cooking and serving the BBQ. The roster on the whiteboard must be filled prior to the start of the meet, otherwise the rostered age group will not be able to start.
- ALL AGE GROUPS – The last age group on the event is asked to PACK UP the event equipment and place in a neat pile to make it easy for us to collect at the end of the meet
NEXT WEEK –
- U8’s are responsible for setup
- U9’s are responsible for cooking and serving the BBQ.
- ALL AGE GROUPS – The last age group on the event is asked to PACK UP the event equipment and place in a neat pile to make it easy for us to collect at the end of the meet.
To help everyone coming out for the first time this season, here are some tips:
Registered Season Member – If not already done so, you need to be registered online prior to 5pm Friday the night before the Home Meet and collect your Membership prior to the start of the meet. You will then be able to go to your age group basket to sign in on the results sheet in the folder.
Uniform– We will have Uniform available for sale and you can pay with cash or use our EFTPOS facility.
Come and Try Participants – If not already registered, you will need to be registered online prior to 5pm Friday the night before the Home Meet. When you arrive we ask that you head to the come and try table where we will mark you off and put everyone in groups, or if you prefer, join your age group and remain with them for the program. There will be coaches and committee members around to explain how little athletics works and answer any questions you may have. Children need to wear closed toe shoes (sneakers/trainers) and suitable clothing to run, jump and throw (no singlets). Please ensure they also have a water bottle and are sun smart (ie hat, sunscreen).
IMPORTANT: We would like to remind everyone that an adult MUST REMAIN AT TILLEY RESERVE during the competition, we refer to our Parent Participation Policy. Ideally you will be able to help out in the age group with the running of the events by retrieving the shot/discus, spiking, raking sand for long/triple jump or returning the bar at high jump. By being involved you are able to support and cheer your child as they participate.
If you have not registered you will not be allowed to participate. Should you require assistance registering please arrive early to allow time for you to register with the help of a committee member prior to the commencement of the meet.